The Centre of Hope is the initiative of the Oudtshoorn Business Chamber and the Chamber has succeeded in the following:
- Partnership with Alphen aan den Rijn (a town in the Netherlands and twin town of Oudtshoorn) to financially contribute towards a training centre. Alphen aan den Rijn has also donated construction and carpentry tools and equipment to the centre and actively advertises its participation in various programmes and projects in its newsletter, Stedenband.
- Partnership with the Oudtshoorn municipality to lease suitable buildings and land. The 2 existing buildings are 1 500 square meters in size and the land 13 500 square meters. There is therefore adequate space for extensions and other planned activities.
- The Oudtshoorn municipality has leased the buildings and grounds to the Section 21 Company.
- The Oudtshoorn Business Chamber has spent R500 000 on renovation and infrastructure on one of the buildings.
- Partnership with local industry towards support of the Centre of Hope. A feasibility study has been undertaken among the business sector in Oudtshoorn. Businesses in the Klein Karoo region have long awaited a training centre to accommodate their training needs.